Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review to Bermuda

Not as good as RC or Carnival

Sail Date: October 21, 2011

Overall, the ship was nice and had good activities throughout the day. The ship staff was very good and exceeded expectations. The problem was mostly the quality of food and quality of entertainment. The food selections were good, but the quality of the food was lacking. I ordered a steak 3 days in a row (2 NY strips, 1 ribeye) and all 3 times the meat was overcooked and very tough. I kept asking it cooked less and less and it still came out well done and tough like rubber. The entertainment quality was poor compared to RC and Carnival as well. Although some of the entertainment cast was talented, you could tell they were second rate. The singing was average and choreography, although flashy at times, was not well laid out. Everything was way overpriced on the cruise as well. The gaming fees and drinks were more than on RC and Carnival, so whatever money was saved on the lower room fees was blown out the window by the higher activity and drink fees. The room was ok and actually decent size (inside stateroom), but I spoke to numerous frequent cruisers and suite buyers that their suite was way smaller than RC and Carnival and one guy's suite was actually right over the dance club so he had to downgrade and move because of the noise. Oh yeah, also 2 people died on the last day of the cruise, I think from natural causes but one person was only 23 years old!

Pros: The flex eating schedule

Cons: Quality of food and size of amenities

Recommends Norwegian Dawn? Yes!

For my room only. See above for suite comments told to me by other passengers.
King's Wharf, Bermuda
Awesome island. I wasn't bothered by street vendors and the island was in awesome condition and very clean.