Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

FreeStyle Cruising-Not

Sail Date: December 03, 2010

Ship needs to be refurbished now not in June 2011. Food in main dining hall was below average. Specialty restaurants are very good but extra money. Buffet was good in the morning, passable at lunch and poor at dinner. Had problems with bed that took staff 3 days to fix-new mattress. Room was so small you could not walk around left side of bed. Ports were very good but they should drop the Dominican Republic for somewhere (anywhere else) else. Entertainment was very good. I do not want a $8 drink for the hundred time. Some of the acts (entertainment) needed bigger locations and some needed smaller-PLANNING.

Pros: Entertainment

Cons: Food in main dining hall.

Recommends Norwegian Dawn? No.

Free food (included in fare price) was below average at best. Specialty restaurants (more than any other cruise line) were very good as were the staff. Open seating was a change I liked as well as the casual dress.
Smallest room on a ship I have ever stayed in.
What ship has dead end main passageways? Most confusing ship I have ever been on.
Bad - 3 days to change out a mattress come on.
Good - Wait staff in specialty restaurants.
Can't say which act was the best but all were better than other cruise lines I have sailed on.
St. John's, Antigua
Nice stop.
Basseterre, St. Kitts
My favorite stop on the cruise.
Bridgetown, Barbados
10 years ago a good place to visit now the parade through the sales shops before you can even get of the pier is to much.
Road Town, Tortola, B.V.I.
Nice stop.