FreeStyle Cruising-Not

Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

9 Night Southern Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: December 03, 2010
Ship: Norwegian Dawn
Ship needs to be refurbished now not in June 2011. Food in main dining hall was below average. Specialty restaurants are very good but extra money. Buffet was good in the morning, passable at lunch and poor at dinner. Had problems with bed that took staff 3 days to fix-new mattress. Room was so small you could not walk around left side of bed. Ports were very good but they should drop the Dominican Republic for somewhere (anywhere else) else. Entertainment was very good. I do not want a $8 drink for the hundred time. Some of the acts (entertainment) needed bigger locations and some needed smaller-PLANNING.

Free food (included in fare price) was below average at best. Specialty restaurants (more than any other cruise line) were very good as were the staff. Open seating was a change I liked as well as the casual dress.

Can't say which act was the best but all were better than other cruise lines I have sailed on.

Bad - 3 days to change out a mattress come on.
Good - Wait staff in specialty restaurants.

What ship has dead end main passageways? Most confusing ship I have ever been on.

Smallest room on a ship I have ever stayed in.
My favorite stop on the cruise.
Nice stop.
10 years ago a good place to visit now the parade through the sales shops before you can even get of the pier is to much.
Nice stop.
Waste of time.

Pros: Entertainment

Cons: Food in main dining hall.

Recommends Norwegian Dawn? No.