Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

A great cruise

Sail Date: March 14, 2009

Traveled As: Family w/young children

This was our second Norwegian cruise. I really like not worrying about packing for formal nights and eating whenever I feel like it, instead of being tied to a time and place

Pros: the freedom of freestyle

Cons: getting tender tickets

Recommends Norwegian Dawn? Yes!

Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
We visitied Morningstar and Emerald Beach on our own. The day was beautiful. We were able to rent a sailbot at Morningstar for an hour. A great day!!!
Road Town, Tortola, B.V.I.
We did the Sage Mountain Hike with beach break and distillery tour. The hike was beautiful, it was a little more demanding that I expected. Our tour guide was very good.
Don't Miss: any road travel is an adventure!
Cayo Levantado (Samana), Dominican Republic
We did the private resort excursion. It was cloudy the day we were there. We tried to take the sailboat out, but they wouldn't allow us because they said it was too windy.
Great Stirrup Cay (Cruiseline Private Island), Bahamas
Since we didn't pick up a tender ticket, we had to wait a long time to get off the ship. The beach time is very relaxing. I tried to snorkel, but there were so many small jellyfish, I quit.