Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

A week in Paradise

Sail Date: November 25, 2007

The ship was absolutly gorgious. From the Oasis pool, surronded by hot tubs to the main atrium with crysal chandeliers, just an overal breathtaking site. The most impressive to me was how the ship is set up to place children on one end of the boat and the adults on the other places. Being a single guy, the one thing I didn't want going on this cruise was to be surronded by kids. The last cruise I went on, thats exactly what happend. The specialty restaurant are another thing that put this trip way over the last. Granted it is nice to sit at the same table everynight and become friends with wait staff, but variety is the spice of life, thats what this ship offers. From the French Bistro to the Steak House, it truly was dining at its finest and for only an extra 20 dollars per person, totally worth it. The nightlife on the ship was a lot of fun. Mostly everything closed at 10 or 11 but Dazzels night club was open until 2 and every night there was a great crowd mixing it up and having fun. By the end of the mostly everyone knew each other, an overal great time.

Pros: Service, Ports, Specialty Restaurants, Night Life

Cons: Almost impossible to get a reservation at specialty restaurants

Recommends Norwegian Dawn? Yes!

Interior staterooms for me are the way to go for a spend as little time as possible in them. But, I did enjoy the shower door rather than the curtain, this way I didn't have to clean the floor when I was done. The beds were amazingly comfortable, when I slept I slept like a rock.
The shows were ok, nothing to spectacular. I walked out of the magic show kind of boring. But, the entertainment as in longue singers, second to none.
The food in the main dining rooms was good, however, the portions were not quite all what would be expects. The specialty restaurant had far better menu's and portion, which I guess should be expected with a cover charge attached to the bill.
The staff on the Dawn was excellent, anything I asked for the did quick and too the point
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Obviously the shopping is second to none at St Thomas, just bring some extra cash...
Cayo Levantado (Samana), Dominican Republic
This port is an up and coming port, I would suggest doing an excursion and booking it early. We were slatted to do the 4x4 Jeep excursion, however, that morning one vehicle broke down and we were the last to book so it was cancelled on us. However, Samana is a beautiful place at times. We ended up find a taxi and going to the other side of the island and found a beach. Shopping is up an coming as well.
Road Town, Tortola, B.V.I.
The shopping at this port was set up well, mostly all native crafts. The beach was beautiful with gorgious views of other islands.
Don't Miss: The drive from the port to the beach, the views are absolutly breathtaking!