Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review to Bermuda

An amazing cruise

Sail Date: June 09, 2007

I felt the ships layout was great and well thought out. The fact that the ship includes all gratuities in the purchase makes many of the staff members not seem to care. The ship really tries to nickle and dime you the entire time, and this gets very annoying. I feel that most people should be able to decide for themselves how much they want to tip someone for opening a bottle for you, especially if it takes forever to do so. The only other problem I ran into was that the ship didn't give you very much information about the islands. For example in Bermuda they only give you a map of the dock and the city of Hamilton. This gets to be a problem if you want to go anywhere besides the dock by either walking or using a moped, this was also a problem in Nassau.

Pros: Ports, staterooms, shows

Cons: waitstaff, freestyle dinner, wait time to eat for dinner

Recommends Norwegian Dawn? Yes!

The stateroom was very clean and the staff helped keep it very clean.
Besides the fact that the bartenders didn't wait on you if you had the all you can drink soda card the staff was very nice. I felt the nicest staff members were the ones who cleaned the staterooms. They always said hello on every floor. Some of the bartenders were very slow and clueless on how to make some drinks. The reason this could be was because when you pay the 15% tip is already included, this gives them no reason to hurry or even make you a good mixed drink.
The food was fairly good, if you get the all you can drink soda the bartenders and waitstaff don't always serve you. I found this very annoying and made me not want to buy the card in the first place. The amount of restaurants that required a cover charge was ridiculous. I felt that I paid for the cruise which included all the food and then I need to pay more money for dinner, I was shocked by this. I also hated that there was a long wait to eat dinner and that the reservations for all the places were only for one night in advance. Overall the quality of the food was great but the service and the way the whole thing was set up was terrible.
The ship was very clean and well kept. The layout of the ship was great and the amount of things to do on the ship was amazing!
All of the entertainment at night was great. I didn't attend very many activities during the day but I heard they were very good as well.
King's Wharf, Bermuda
Rent a moped if you want to see the entire island in a short amount of time. Some of the sites are astonishing, and the moped's aren't even that expensive. Just make sure you have a map, and remember to drive on the left side of the road!!!!
Great Stirrup Cay (Cruiseline Private Island), Bahamas
One of the biggest private islands I have seen. Very clean, food was great, and the beach was amazing!!!
Paradise Island is the best part. Whether you want to go to the beach or shopping this place has it all.