good cruise!

Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

11 Night Western Caribbean (New York Roundtrip)
Sail Date: January 07, 2007
Ship: Norwegian Dawn
Cabin Type: Suite
The ship was absolutely gorgeous! It was very clean and the staff was fantastic.

Every restaurant had a vegetarian option. The only think I would change is the buffet. I suggest they list what ingredients are in their foods and thought they salad bar could be improved upon.

The shows during the evening are very nice. There is a lot going on during the day. The musicians performing are ok, some much better than others!!! They really push BINGO......There is a lot of opportunity to enter free raffles but you must be present to win!

Everyone was delightful. You could not walk down the hall without the staff greeting you every few feet! The staff was more than willing to get you whatever you wanted.

The ship was incredible. It takes a little while to get use to the size and layout of the ship. Sometimes we found it faster to take the stairs rather than to wait for the elevator. On sea days if you want a lounge chair get there really early as they fill up quickly.

Considering we did not spend very much time in our room it was perfect for us. The only think I would change is a better tv and add a radio/ cd player to the room. I often like to listen to music as I am getting ready.
This was my least favorite of the ports. I suggest the Atlantis submarine ride. It lasts for 2 hours and was incredible. I was not fond of Las Palmaras, the place the shopping consultants suggested for lunch. They said it was "authentic" mexican food. When we looked at the menu we saw hotdogs and hamburgers. There was only one page of mexican food and it was not anything that great.
We originally were going to go on the glass bottom kayak/ dunns river fall tour however due to rough sea conditions this was canceled last minute. We ended up going on a tour to Dolphin Cove/ Dunns River. At Dolphin Cove we swam with the dolphins. At Dunns River we climbed the waterfall. Don't forget your water shoes, you are not permitted to climb in sneakers, flip flops or bare feet. Water shoes are available for rent if you wish to climb. The climb is a challenge but worth it!
We went scuba diving in a ship wreck and ate at Margaritaville. Diving was incredible. We saw a sting ray, a huge eel, a barracuda, lobsters, and a ton of gorgeous fish. The food at Margaritaville was simply the best and a very enjoyable atmosphere!
We had the most wonderful tour guide for the Belize City tour and Mayan Ruins! The city is run down and depressing but a lot of interesting history. The Ruins were absolutely beautiful. I just wished we had more time to explore the Ruins.
We did snorkeling at Coral Cay. This was such a beautiful beach! They had more than enough lounge chairs lining the water, a man singing, a small marine park, and a small shop. Don't forget your bug spray. There are sand fleas who will get you. I had red dots all over my back and arms from them but they disappeared rather quickly. They were almost gone by that night and completely gone the following day.

Pros: Almost everything!

Cons: Missing our first port because we could not tender

Recommends Norwegian Dawn? Yes!