Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review to Canada, New England, New York

Overwhelming first timecruise experience

Sail Date: September 23, 2006

Our family enjoyed the cruise very much and we were in awe of the Princess Dawn. Just beatiful! The planned activities were endless and we enjoyed many of them. One mistake we made was not having a separate room for the boys to share--even though we basically only slept in it,, sharing an inside cabin with 2 teenagers on a 20th anniversary cruise was insane.
The spa was a lifesaver for me as I arrived on the ship in terrible pain and after one visit at the spa for an accupuncture/massage treatment had me feeling great the next day. I did do a pilates class and the instructor was difficult to understand and concentrated on only 2 different types of positions.
Being told by people who have cruised before that the cost was all inclusive, I was a little disappointed at all the extra expenses. I felt that things like the exercise classes and soda (even if there was a per day limit) should have been free.
The rooms were clean and the entire ship was well tended. The staff was unbelievable-helpful and really made you feel comfortable and special. There were just so many wonderful memories from the cruise, it'd take hours to list them.
It was a truly wondeful experience.

Pros: Food was excellent, service superb, shows were fabulous, the freestyle cruising, enjoyed the stops we made

Cons: Gained weight from the excellent food, more expensive than anticipated

Should have got a separate rooms for our teenagers.
Boston, Massachusetts

Don't Miss: Quincy Market or the Freedom Trail
Halifax, Nova Scotia
We were disappointed as we should have taken the excursion to Peggy's Cove to get a more realistic impression of Nova Scotia. The on and off bus was nice but there wasn't much atmosphere to the city except for the beautiful park we visited.
Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts
Unfortunately, it was a rainy day so we didn't walk around alot to get more of a feel of what it's really like and were disappointed. The shops that were open were nice.
Bar Harbor, Maine
Don't miss Acadia Nat'l Park--just breathtakng. We all loved the shops and sites. Many things to see and enjoy. My son, a buffalo wing fanatic, met his match at Rupunumi's (Rups). He plans to go back and conquer them as he only made it through half the order and couldn't eat anymore.
Don't Miss: Acadia National Park and Rups