Love it & Best for Solo Cruisers

Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Cruises: 2-3 cruises

Overall rating:

Norwegian Breakaway

7 Night Eastern Caribbean (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)

Sail date: November 30, 2019

Ship: Norwegian Breakaway

Cabin type: Inside

Cabin number: 11529

Traveled as: Singles/Friends

Reviewed: 1 month ago

Review summary

I really, really liked this cruise line and am glad that I took the chance. If you are a solo cruiser, I do not think there is another better program to meet new friends and have great people who are also cruising on their own. I still communicate with many to this day!

Embarkation

Very good, I thought it went smoothly

Ship experiences

I had 3 night dining package which was plenty bc the MDR is good. I ate with some solo cruisers which was really nice.

Didn''t do a lot of onboard activites bc I like to read but everything was really fun. If you are a solo cruiser, I thought this cruise line does very well. The first night is confusing but after, they meet in the solo studio around 5-6. You can meet new people, make friends and sign up to join for dinner or other activities.

Up to your preference - they took away Rock of Ages so that was a bummer bc that one was of great interest.

My cabin steward, solo cruise coordinator, service staff were all so nice and very informative, helpful and kind.

Really liked this ship, easy to get around, take the stairs if you do not have mobility issues so those with can use them. You will get to where you need very easily.

Solo cabin was perfect for me. I did not feel like I didn''t have enough room. I like the brightness of it as well. I brought a couple of folding canvas bins from the dollar tree which made it nice to put my smaller clothing in it to keep it organized and not fall out of the cabinets. Plenty of room under the bed for luggage. left those behind coming back since they were a couple of bucks.

Ship tip

If solo cruising, definitely go meet the other solo cruisers. All adult ages and even those who were not staying in solo cabins joined. I made a bunch of new friends.

Ports of call

Port Canaveral, Florida

No excursion, did a fly snooze cruise package and it was great. Boarded earlier than expected and it was a very good and smooth transition.

Tortola, British Virgin Islands

Do the Baths, well worth it!

Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas

Very picturesque from the ship, shopping not bad. No excursion

Great Stirrup Cay (Cruise Line Private Island), Bahamas

Paddleboarding is great, just don't lock your knees, make sure you position yourself in the middle of the board to stand up in the middle. Talk others into ziplining, that was really fun! Cook out food was good and typical.

Disembarkation

like embarkation, it was very easy - they did face recognition which made customs simple