monique25 Cruise Review on Norwegian Breakaway on Nov 30, 2019

Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review

Overall rating:

Norwegian Breakaway

7 Night Eastern Caribbean (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)

Sail date: November 30, 2019

Ship: Norwegian Breakaway

Review summary

I went on my first solo cruise on the Breakaway to the Eastern Caribbean and absolutely loved it. NCL accepted my bid for a stateroom upgrade to a balcony, which was an added bonus. My room was midship on deck 14 - one deck below the pool and buffet. I couldn't have asked for a better location. I have taken six other NCL cruises and the Breakaway had the best food. The entertainment was incredible - I went to both Burn the Floor and Six shows multiple times. The game shows in the atrium are hilarious, especially the dancing one. I never had a problem finding a lounge chair but they did fill up - anyone who says they couldn't get one probably slept in late. I did the Norman Island Snorkel excursion in Tortola and loved it. Snorkeling in the caves of the island that inspired Treasure Island was awesome and I saw tons of fish. In St. Thomas I took the Castaway Girl Shipwreck Sail and Snorkel Catamaran to Buck Island - pure paradise. The views were beautiful, snorkeling was good and crew was amazing. After the excursion I also went to the Pirates Treasure Museum near the pier in Havensight, which was incredible - highly recommend for any pirate fan. Great Stirrup Cay was amazing. The upgrades NCL has made in the last few years are phenomenal. I rented a paddleboard - the water was calm, and clear enough that I even saw some fish while standing. I took the Catamaran snorkeling excursion and saw some fish and small jelly fish - pretty harmless. I also did the full Zipline which gives an amazing view of the island and anchored ship. I had no issues with getting a lounge chair or tendering. Embarkationa and disembarkation were the easiest and fastest I have ever experienced. All in all, it was an absolutely amazing adventure. I would highly recommend this cruise! Happy to answer any questions.