Great family fun

Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review to Bermuda

Cruises: 2-3 cruises

Overall rating:

Norwegian Breakaway

7 Night Bermuda (New York Roundtrip)

Sail date: July 16, 2017

Ship: Norwegian Breakaway

Cabin type: Balcony

Cabin number: 9726

Traveled as: Family (older children)

Review summary

We loved taking this ship. We were nervous as to its large size. The only time I felt the boat was crowded was when I walked through the area by the pool. We loved Freestyle dining. We both made dinner reservations and chose a place that would seat us right away. It was much better than the usual version of more wedding like seating. The length of dinner was more on our schedule like a regular restaurant as opposed to the wedding version. I wished there was no smoking in the casino but that is for obvious reasons. These days so many places don't allow smoking I am not used to it any more.

Embarkation

Getting to the port was easy. The wait was fine. Our problem came when the nice man who checked us in mixed and matched my husband and my son in terms of pictures and drink packages. Before we could even board we had to go back and get the pictures fixed back and it didn't take. We had to go to customer service onboard to have it fixed. The card had the correct codes but once on board my husband could not order a drink but my 16 yr old could order. We had to go to customer service twice to have my son's card fixed and we had to order the soda package 2 days into the cruise when the two times prior they said he had the package.

Ship experiences

We saw Rock of ages. It was a good show with good music. The performers had awesome voices. Surprisingly, there were far too many little kids. The parents were warned. They should have listened.

We loved our large balcony that fit lounge chairs. We will always have that size. The inside of the cabin was roomy enough. We even had plenty of storage space for the 3 of us. The bathroom size was fine. I liked the frosted shower walls so someone could use the toilet while someone else took a shower if they had to. We like the location of our rom on floor 9. One flight up from the waterfront made it easy to use the stairs.

Ship tip

It is a big ship. If you like hanging out in the pool, you might not be happy as pool space was at a premium. You do need to get your chair early as people reserve chairs with towels and clips before breakfast. We had been on Carnival last time and they monitored the chairs. If you left your chair for more than 45 min they removed your stuff. I liked that idea. With a ship of this size and limited poolside chairs, that made it fair. I would bring a coffee travel cup. I brought mine as I love coffee in the morning. Many people commented how they wish they had brought theirs too.

Ports of call

New York, New York

Leaving from NYC is wonderful as we are a 30 minute drive from the port. We loved the ease of getting to and from the ship.

Royal Naval Dockyard, West End, Bermuda

We loved Bermuda. We went on the Restless native catamaran snorkel tour. It was awesome. The crew was great and the location was awesome.

Disembarkation

We disembarked in an organized and quick manner. We chose to have them take our luggage off the boat. It was easy to find and then out to our car.

Traveler Photos

Restless native snorkel tour Snorkeling in a cave. Bermuda water Margaritaville at sea