literally.. a cruise to nowhere.

Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review to Bermuda

Bermuda - New York
Sail Date: October 09, 2016
Ship: Norwegian Breakaway

I have been on cruises with Carnival before, and also enjoyed every moment. I was a first time NCL cruiser, and my boyfriend a first time cruiser altogether. I will say this ship was amazing. However, we got rerouted because of hurricanes matthew and Nicole. We found this out once we were on the boat, unable to use our trip insurance. The alternate itinerary left much to be desired, as they brought us to Cape Canaveral, FL and Nassau, Bahamas- both were just hit by Matthew themselves. The shore excursions were pretty much a walk around flooded, boarded up streets- in both situations. The staff on the ship was hit or miss. Drink prices were hiked in ports. There were sewage draining issues. A lot of the time, the outside activities were roped off (pool, slides, ropes course..) Needless to say, I think this trip of cruisers were robbed of their vacations. NCL handled everything very poorly.

food was decent. buffet had a good variety.

they were closed a lot. there weren't many activities going on around the pool when it was open.

housekeeping was not on the ball. sometimes she would not even come in. other times would not leave, continue to knock, until the door was answered.

my tip is don't bother to travel in hurricane season. they will reroute you to a sad itinerary.

never saw it.