Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review to Bermuda

Great Cruise, Great Ship! Watch out Non-smokers

Sail Date: September 25, 2016

Room Type: Suite

This was my 10th cruise, 9th with NCL. The Breakaway is a truly amazing ship and the staff on the ship were professional as usual. The 678 Waterfront area of the ship was breathtaking. The amount of places to eat was overwhelming, in a good way. Bermuda was also fantastic, as usual (this was my 5th time cruising there). However, for the first time ever, I have a complaint about a cruise. The lack of enforcement regarding smoking on the Breakaway was completely unacceptable. There are several designated smoking areas on the ship that I identified immediately upon embarking the ship so I can avoid those areas as I was traveling with my one year old son. The entire cruise I observed passengers smoking all over the sun deck, including at the bars, in the pool areas, and even next to the kids splash area. I called the customer service desk numerous times to report these violations. They thanked me for reporting the violation and stated they would immediately send security to investigate. I never once observed a security member address the issue. Other than this issue, my cruise was flawless. The smoking issue is the only reason I gave the cruise 4 stars. I thought it was such a great trip it didn't deserve less than that.

This cabin was amazing! There was ample room for my wife and I, and our one year son. My son slept in a pack n' play and it fit perfectly in the room. The bathroom in this cabin was huge for a cruise ship! The shower was large, enough to fit two people, the water pressure and shower features were amazing. The bathroom area outside of the shower was almost as big as a normal bathroom at home. The amount of storage in this cabin seemed unlimited. The balcony is a must-have for me, and it was great on this cruise. There wasn't a single thing that I didn't like about this cabin.
See comments about smoking.

I would always recommend Teppanyaki to anyone who cruises with NCL. Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville is officially opening on October 16th, 2016! You have to try the water slides. The free fall slide was wicked cool. You are enclosed in a chamber, hear a countdown, and then the floor drops beneath you!