Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review to Bermuda

Bermuda

Sail Date: September 25, 2016

Reviewed: 1 month ago

Traveled As: Family w/young children

The only reason this vacation gets 4 stars is because of the constant cloud of smoke inside or outside the ship. The Breakaway has far too many smoking areas, even outside. if you want to enjoy a drink on the waterfront, just know you will leave there smelling like an ashtray and feeling like you just smoked a pack of cigarettes.

However, that being said, this vacation was one of the best I have taken. Rock of Ages was such a fun show!  If you are a hair band loving 80's enthusiast, you will love this show. Wine Lovers:The Musical was super cute. You "taste" 6 different wines during your hour long show, needless to say, my mom and I left feeling great! The food is fantastic at that show and the wines were ok. It is educational too if you want to learn about wines. The food all over the ship is tasty. We ate at these specialty restaurants: Tepanyaki- standard hibachi restaurant. Dilicious. Moderno- standard Brazilian steakhouse. Get ready to overeat. Ocean Blue-upscale seafood restaurant. They didn't have crayons for my niece to draw to pass the time, they lend kids iPads at the restaurant!  The standard restaurants The Cafe, Savor, Taste, etc- all had fantastic service and just as dilicious food.

Bermuda is an island I never really gave much thought to going to. After being there three days, I'm already thinking about going back!  It's clean, it's friendly and it's historic. Everything I look for in a vaca. A few highlights of our trip, 1- the crystal caves. Gorgeous. Don't be afraid of the steps, both my parents did it without much difficulty. The guides were knowledgeable and funny. If you are eating lunch at their cafe, get the fish sandwich!  You won't regret it. 2- the Bermuda Maritime museum- if you like history, don't miss this. The shipwreck area was impressive and the commissioners mansion- beautiful. The architecture alone reminds me of a southern creole plantation. They have turned this building into a museum and its awesome. The mural on the back staircase is artwork by a local artist. Don't miss this!  The artist has a great sense of humor as he painted Bermuda's history. 3-The Frog and The Onion Pub- if you like craft beers, go in and get their beer flight. Their porter is fantastic!  4-Calico Jacks- this is a floating pirate ship bar where you can walk the plank. So fun!  It's convenient as it's right in the Royal Naval Dockyard. My mom says that they make awesome piña coladas. 5-Warwick Beach- everyone says to go to horshoe bay to the beach, DONT. Go to Warwick Beach. The sand is pink, the water is a gorgeous crystal clear aqua and walk right in warm. There are plenty of bluffs to explore and small bays to wade in and snorkel, if you bring your own snorkel. This beach was quiet, not over run by tourist. Hands down, the most beautiful beach I have ever been to in my life. 6- Restless Native Catamaran- I loved this snorkel adventure. We went cliff jumping, explored sea caves on kayak, paddle boarded on the bay, walked the beach for sea glass and of course enjoyed the complimentary rum swizzles. The crew was knowledgeable about local folklore, history and economy. Ask locals about the housing market in Bermuda. I love how they limit celebrities so they can keep a small town feel to the island.

Overall, this was a great vacation coordinated by an awesome representative. Thank you Christina Costello for getting us the best deals on the ship and in exploring Bermuda!

Our balcony was a little larger than standard as it was on a corner. Bonus!
too many smoking areas!