Miracle at Sea

Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Contributor Level: Third Mate

7 Night Bahamas & Florida (New York Roundtrip)
Sail Date: February 21, 2016
Ship: Norwegian Breakaway

I left my house, car and store keys at the New York Terminal ladies room just before I boarded the Breakaway on Sunday, February 21st. With all the excitement of getting on the ship and starting my vacation, I didn't realize it until I packed a bag for my first shore excursion to Port Canaveral on Tuesday. When I returned I looked fervently through my luggage and sure enough, they are not there. I checked with Guest Services' lost and found, but no luck. Then I called the NY Terminal and Inter-cruises. Luckily "Latasha" answered the phone at 8:00 pm and told me she will work with the NY Terminal in the morning to locate the keys and communicate with the ship about its progress. That's where "Shiyi Huang" and "Sanja Bozinovic" come in, Guest Service Agents on Norwegian Breakaway. They took over the communications from the ship to NY Terminal to facilitate locating the keys. On Thursday, after I returned from another wonderful Shore Excursion, I got the call from Shiyi that indeed, NY Terminal found my keys! NY Terminal is such a big place, with thousands of people passing through there every day, I just never expected ever getting them back. Not only did Shiyi and Sanja work tirelessly on this, but Shiyi arranged for the keys to be delivered to the ship! I picked up my keys on Sunday morning and hugged her in the middle of Guest Services on disembarkation day! It would have been a huge hassle for me to recreate all the keys, two of them really expensive to replace, not to mention all the store cards I had I use to swipe at grocery stores, drug stores and department stores. In addition, both Shiyi and Sanja understood my anxiety and as a result, were exceptionally kind, comforting and reassuring to me. While all of the staff was wonderfully good and respectful, these two ladies sure made me feel special.  I hope to see them again on my next cruise!

Every place we went to was wonderful. The Manhattan Room was delicious, but a little slow in the serving.

Burn the Floor was fantastic, and the dance lessens they give in the Atrium was even better. The Cirque Dreams and Dinner Jungle Fantasy was a brilliantly bright and magical show, however, the seating arrangement is awful. They should eliminate the dinner and just put the show in the Theater, because there are many interruptions during the show for the waiter service. You can miss a lot of activity in the show, and the was no choice of dinner. Surf and Turf, and that's it.

Lots of things for kids to do, especially Splash Academy.

Top Notch.

The bathroom has shampoo and body wash, but do not supply hair conditioner. If you use hair conditioner, you should bring it. I don't think I even saw it in the gift shop to purchase.

Don't leave your keys in the ladies room of the Terminal!
I took the Airboat Adventure & Alligator Jungle Shore Excursion and it was ok. In the past, I have gone to the Kennedy Space Center and I personally liked that much better.
Beautiful Island - beach has a lot of rocks so I wouldn't walk or go in the water without good water shoes. Take the Marine Life Encounter Eco Boat Tour - it's the best Shore Excursion!
We went to the Blue Lagoon Island Beach Day. Another beautiful place. It's like being in paradise, plus you can watch the dolphins perform right there on the beach.