Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Third Mate

Sail Date: December 27, 2015

Room Type: Suite

The overall experience was good, however I feel that Norwegian nickels and dimes you for everything.  When we boarded the ship they charged us for the wine we brought on board whether we were taking in to dinner or having it in our state room. Other cruise lines only charge if you take it to dinner. For the specialties restaurants there was an up charge for lobster. On the other cruise lines lobster is even included even in the main dining rooms. The dinners in the main dinning room although good were too similar each night. I don't like having to make reservations for the shows and being charged for a show. Not enough main shows are offered.  The balconies in the staterooms are way too small compared to other cruise lines.  The pool area is not conducive to lie around in unless you like to be underneath.  I thought the Haven area makes you feel like you are segregated from the rich.

I loved the private island and I thought the way they handled the buffet in Stirup Cay was very well done.  The grill by the pool was very good but the wait to get the burgers was too long.

Not my favorite cruise line but if the price is right I would consider it.

The cabin was fine but the balcony was way to small.
Not enough main shows. I don't like being charged for cirque de sole. Loved the dueling pianos and 2nd city but by Thursday it was getting monotonous.
The staff was helpful, curtious and accommodating.
Tasty, but too similar each night.

I loved the dueling piano bar and 2nd city.