Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Beautiful Ship

Sail Date: December 20, 2015

Room Type: Suite

We really enjoyed our vacation on the Breakaway.  The ship was beautifully maintained, and the crew was always cleaning.  The crew was friendly, helpful, and the other passengers were just terrific.

We regret sailing out of NYC, it was just too cold to enjoy 2 of the 4 days at Sea.  Which turned out to be 5 days at sea, unfortunately.  Once again the conditions were too rough for the ship to go to the private island, and while I understand, what I don't understand is why they don't change their itinerary if they continuously cannot go to that port, it was disappointing and 5 days at Sea was way too much for our family, especially, as I said, with 2 of them being too cold to be outside.

If we cruise again, we would definitely choose Norwegian.  I will elaborate further down below in comments!

Comfortable and clean. Nice bathroom. Lots of storage and hangers.
Appreciate the shampoo, shower gel, lotions, .... Did not hear any noise in the hallways, but we surmised that we were directly below the deck so we heard a ton of chair scraping in the night, for some reason. Honestly though, it was in a very handy location and because of the Spa, it was the ideal suite for us and I would choose it again.
Embarkation was fine, lines but what can you expect? The "easy" walk off was dreadful! Lines throughout the ship, up and down the stairs, ridiculous! And if it hadn't been in the 50's in NYC when we got off, we would have been miserable standing outside in those lines.
Beautifully maintained. Always clean. Plenty of restrooms that we also always clean. Comfortable beds, terrific bathroom. And we loved the Spa. I will never take another cruise without a spa package again, our daughter especially spent a lot of time there.
Would definitely not choose this itinerary ever again... Florida was a waste. Didn't go to the Island and Nassau would have been awful if we hadn't paid to go to Atlantis.
Not really our thing but we enjoyed watching the pool side activities when it wasn't too cold to be out there.
Really could barely sit through Rock of Ages, but most people gave it a standing ovation. Burn the Floor was good, the Christmas show was very well done and appreciated, the Broadway singer was great, but the evening we enjoyed the most was the Cirque Jungle performance in the Spiegel Tent, and my husband said that was the best meal he had.
Shiva was so kind and friendly and took very good care of us.
In order to eat healthy, I preferred the selection at the Garden Cafe Buffet, but did not love the hectic atmosphere of it. My husband preferred the quality of the meals in the dining rooms, but we all agreed that they were very loud and still felt very cafeteria-like, even though they were designed to be more upscale. The Uptown Bar and Grill had the most amazing Turkey Burger but after the first day the lines were too long to be bothered with. We often would take our meals up there to eat, the atmosphere was the most relaxing..
New York, New York
Port Canaveral, Florida
Great Stirrup Cay (Cruiseline Private Island), Bahamas
The ship was unable to dock here, and that seems to be a repeating theme. Makes me wonder why they include it if they are rarely able to get there! Disappointing for sure, 5 days at Sea was wayyyy too much!
We went to Atlantis. They walked us to the Beach, but while everyone else stayed there, we walked across the property to the Paradise Lagoon where it was quiet and really peaceful. That was nice. I don't know how great the aquarium was, but it was something to do. Nassau itself was boarded up and looked sad. We went to a couple of shops but I really did not feel comfortable there at all and would have been upset if we hadn't gone to Atlantis. The weather was nice though!!!

The servers on the pool deck are not included in your gratuity. I am not sure that the floating servers at O'Sheehans are either and this is too bad. I would really have appreciated knowing who exactly was getting an included gratuity and who was excluded.