Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Contributor Level: Second Mate

Had a BLAST!!!!

Sail Date: October 25, 2015

This was our first time on BA and we had the most terrific time! Scott was the CD along with Anton, Zac, Ferdinand who did a great job keeping everyone entertained with activities. Fire & Ice played the Atrium (they drawed a huge crowd - they should have booked them in the theatre! We were regulars at Fat Cats - there was a definite following there because we all felt like a little family!!!! Les Getrex and the Creole Band were just great!!! Not knowing the crew on first day - I went to guest services and saw a man in whites and just asked my question - he was so very helpful - turns out I stopped Djamel the Hotel Director! hehehehe!!!!

I bought 3 future cruise certificates!!!!!

Halloween was fun - the costumes were great on both adults and kids.....We had the complimentary breakfast every morning because I need coffee and juice to get me up and out!!!! There was so much to do you couldn't possibly do it all - alot of activities overlapped so you really had to pick and chose!

There was one incident we encountered - a mentally challenged adult was lost one morning - Larry went to get our breakfast tray and found this man following the delivery steward. He was clearly lost and did not remember his room number - he pointed to a cabin door and when we knocked and woke these folks up - it wasn't his cabin. We had housekeeping call and get assistance to get this man back to his room. I ran into Djamel later that day found out that he was with a larger group and was in a totally different section of the ship. I made a suggestion that these individuals should be wearing a wristband with their ID/cabin info so when this happens they can be returned to their group asap.

The shows were great. We did Burn the Floor; Rock of ages, Wine Lovers the Musical - which was really wonderful and we enjoyed the most (maybe because we drank alot of wine!!!) Fire & Ice's Michael Jackson and Whitney Houston tribute shows. I learned how to fold my napkins for my next dinner party! LOL!!!! Played one game of Bingo but did not win naturally.....played in the casino too and naturally did not win there either!

The food was terrific! We had the UDP so it was Cagney's, Teppanyaki, Moderno, La Cucina & Le Bistro. My only comment was the service at LeBistro - the staff there seemed disconnected, folks coming in after us were waited on first - almost 2 1/2 hrs for dinner - the wait between courses was way too long. We did eat at the buffet for breakfast one day just to try it out...we also ate at O'Sheenan's, Taste and Savor.....not a bad meal the whole week!!!!

We met some lovely folks that we will keep in touch with. When we left Sunday - I felt like I was leaving my other family behind!!!

We are booked for the Sky in April and the BA to Bermuda next Oct...plus I now have 4 cruise next certificates....I am an official cruise addict!!!!

Plenty od space - angled balcony was larger than regular balcony
New York, New York
Port Canaveral, Florida
We didn't get off beause we will be there in April for 3 land days
Great Stirrup Cay (Cruiseline Private Island), Bahamas
Didn't get off - will be there in 4/16

Moderno has a lunch buffet set up on embarkment day...instead of going to the crowed buffet on 15 or O'Sheehan's...this restaurant was very quiet and had a great selection for lunch before sail away!!!!