Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Contributor Level: Third Mate

Great until after

Sail Date: December 07, 2014

Enjoyed everthing. Things I would have changed , we were first time cruisers.

1. Would not do Bingo again , to much money for to little chances

2. Would do vibe only on anticipated good days. We asked for rebates on bad weather days. First two days out and last day back. We were told no.

3. Beware  - Final on ship expenses were totaled and applied to my credit card. Copy was outside our cabin early Sunday Morning. My expenses were about $1100 , including 500 on future cruise. When I get home late Sunday evening I check my online bank account and low and behold my credit card is maxed out. Monday Morning I call and inquire and my Bank tells me the cruise line has put a hold on my account to the tune of $1400 !  I am told by an agent of the cruise line that this hold is put on in case I charge more expenses before I leave the ship. Now correct me if I am wrong but there was nothing open to charge anything Sunday Morning , except maybe a drink with breakfast . Certainly nothing to the tune of $1400.

4. I was also disappointed that we didn't get to the island. I wish the cruise line would advise potential cruisers of the potential of going to the island by month. Apparently November and December are months that the success rate of reaching the island is poor.

5. If a area is posted Adults only then that rule should be enforced.

Would I cruise this ship and line again. Yes. With my eyes wide open to these issues.

Did not go to island