Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review to Bermuda

The Best Ever

Sail Date: September 14, 2014

Due to family responsibilities we have not cruised for the past five years.  Prior to that we cruised a least once every year for fourteen years; so I would consider my wife and I experienced cruisers.

This is our first time with NCL and our first time on a mega ship such as the Breakaway.  On our previous trips we trended toward smaller ships (2000 passengers) so we were a bit apprehensive from the standpoint of getting on and off the ship, long lines, over crowded.  None of this was the case.  The layout of the ship is fabulous. Easy to get around, sufficient elevators and plenty of seating.  The only issue I had was the second hand smoke in the casino.

We very much enjoyed the casual attire policy.  It made packing much easier.  It allowed us to get by on one suit case each where in the past we each needed two.

Free style dining is the best.  It allows for greater flexibility and more choices.  The only negative thing I can say about our dining experiences on board was the wait staff did no offer a second glass of wine or a refill of coffee in either the Savor Dining Room or the Taste Dining Room.  Other than that everything was exceptional.

As for Bermuda, it is beautiful.  It is our third time there and we just love it.  We are already talking about next year and thinking we will do a back to back.