Well needed vacation!

Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review to Bermuda

Contributor Level: Third Mate

Sail Date: September 08, 2013
Ship: Norwegian Breakaway
The staff was excellent! The captain kept us well informed (although sometimes hard to hear) of the tropical storm and when we were expected to get into port and steered us into sunshine when he could. The ship itself was very large. My daughter and I didn't see all of it during our week. There was more than enough dining and entertainment available that if you didn't have a good time - it was your own fault! I have taken 5 cruises in the past and I was suprised as to how much extra you are charged for entertainment and things that used to be free. Also even though you are not supposed to "save seats" for entertainment, we encountered 2 very rude,loud and drunk ladies saving 3 front rows for people even after staff told them it was 1st come, 1st serve. People who arrive 1/2 hour early should have their choice of seating or be seated by the staff as they arrive. I guess you will have that wherever you go.

We went to the free dining for the evening meals. I was suprised to see there was a charge for some dining rooms! They were upscale and delicious! The cafe on the top deck was great for a faster breakfast and lunch. They served everything!

We got to NYC early and we checked our bags in early so we could see some of the city before we left.