Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review to Bermuda

Second Mate

New ship, new ways to spend money

Sail Date: September 08, 2013

This was my 6th cruise, 5th with NCL. Other was Carnival (won't do that again).
One thing I like about NCL is that you can sail cheap with a deal of a fare and if you don't want to spend more on the boat you can, or if you have more cash to spend, you can enhance your cruise by availing of the specialty restaurants and other services. Well, the breakaway has them and then some. the food was basically the same as the other NCL ships, but the Garden Cafe is so much nicer. The wife and I only used the main dining room once, being very happy with the cafe. the ship is a blast, with lots more to do, rock climbing one of the funnest and the large elevated jungle jim (what I call it). but no more promenade that wraps around the ships, now there are so many dead ends you will feel like a mouse in a maze. the ship is new and clean, the elevator lobbies spacious. i went on the boat for this specific boat and i liked it. but now i think I will look forward to the Dawn again. sometimes too much is too much and simple is more relaxing. but it was definitely worth the experience. Worth trying out at least once no question about it. Overall I had a great time, as did the wife, crew was excellent and so was staff. well done all!