Fun First Cruise/room for improvement

Norwegian Bliss Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Norwegian Bliss

7 Night Eastern Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)

Sail Date: January 19, 2019

Ship: Norwegian Bliss

Review Summary

I would cruise again but make sure to get a quieter room-away from the night club. I might try Celebrity because I want to relax versus having 890 activities thrown in my face every day.

Embarkation

We arrived around 12:00pm and were able to get on the boat fairly quickly. Rooms were ready around 1:30z

Ship Experiences

The dining options and all the food, including the cafe, were outstanding. Even a couple from Paris commented at how surprised they were with the quality. We dined at specialty restaurants every night and had breakfast and lunch in the cafe some days.

The beer and wine tasting events were okay. The other activities seemed really cheesy and dumb.

The Jersey Boys were amazing. The other shows were pretty good. The DJs and dance parties were just okay and I felt like they could have turned the music down a notch or two.

The room attendants and dining service were excellent. The bartenders were generally slow and I don’t think one of them ever smiled once.

The aft facing cabin was nice and a great room. My big complaint is that the Spice H2O is directly above on the back of the ship (17th deck) and when they had parties at night the music was so loud and bass vibrates the entire cabin-even with the door closed. If you like Little John singing “SHOTS! SHOTS! SHOTS! SHOTS!” In your room until 1-2am, you will enjoy this room. If you want to sleep, it’s terrible.

Enjoy but beware of the forced parties.

Ports Of Call

Miami, Florida Did not visit port

We just flew in and out of Miami right before/after cruise. Did not visit.

Tortola, British Virgin Islands Did not visit port

I wanted to sit by the pool but it was too crowded on the at sea days.

Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas

We took a taxi to the beach. Clean and nice shops at the port.

This port was a dump. Seriously. The stores were dirty and overpriced. Why do they stop here?

Disembarkation

The photo recognition was great if you are a US citizen. Really no customs if you match.