It was a pretty bad experience overall

Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Cruises: 2-3 cruises

Overall rating:

Navigator of the Seas

9 Night Southern Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)

Sail date: December 07, 2018

Ship: Navigator of the Seas

Cabin number: 6244

Traveled as: Family (young children)

Review summary

I do not recommend it. My experience was pretty bad. I got to the cruise first, thinking that non alcoholic beverages were included as I was traveling with my 8 and 10 year old boys and I don't drink alcohol. I booked my cruise through cheapcaribean.com, They did not tell me about that I had to buy a package and I was under the impression that everything *non alcoholic beverages were included*. What really shocked me is that when I bought a pina colada, the gratuity was included in 1 drink. I have never heard that ordering a drink they need to include gratuity and on top of that they add a line to add more gratuity. Service was not great. Food was aweful Except dinner. Staff at the dinning place (saffire was great) - expecially out waiter Pratik and Amado. Overall, staff was very unexperienced and the amount of staff considering how many people were on the cruise was super limited, being them overworked and unhappy. The most unfriendly staff was working in the small coffee shop at level 5. They were rude, and with no patience. Being on the cruise, you feel like being in a time share. They were all the time trying to sell you stuff. The excursions off shore were sooo expensive and we were not given local options for people who do not want to pay more. You would think that paying 5000 dollars on the cruise , you should have options to pay less for off shore activities , specially if the island belongs to RC like the island from Haiti. For example: zip line was 82 or $83, for 3 minutes, In virginia, where i live, for 4 people, 1 hour of zip line is $200. This tells you how overpriced this off shore activities are. There was only 2 swimming pools which one is not for smaller kids (3 year old). So there was no water activity for my nephew to play. The last 2 days of the cruise where everybody was on the ship, only 1 swimming pool was working. Honestly, I will not recommend this cruise to anybody. After this experience, I will not longer want to be on a cruise again.

Embarkation

Long lines but expected with this large cruiseship

Ship experiences

I was not aware and was not told that I had to get a drink package. I have been to many cruises before and it was all included in the price. We do not drink alcohol, it was just non alcoholic beverage like sodas or bottle water - but I had to pay 30 per person including kids to get it. It was a rip off. On top of that - they would charge gratuity even if you ask for 1 pina colada-- very unimpressed and dissapointed

Awesome for the climbing walls and the boggie water experience. Pretty bad for pools, there was no pool for 3 year old....

it was good overall! nothing amazing but good.

Terrible, inexperienced people, rooms cleaningness was not great. Staff seemed to be overwhelmed with so many passangers and some of then unhappy to give good service.

It was allright, some rusting in the balcony - i dont feel it was very clean the rooms or main breakfast area

bathroom way too small. bed was ok. Not very clean! they left a sock from previous passanger and was never removed from the cabin - it was gross

Ship tip

Do not book it - save your money for punta cana all inclusive resorts- much better

Ports of call

Miami, Florida

Labadee (Cruise Line Private Island)

Oranjestad, Aruba