Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Third Mate

Navigator of the Seas Review for cruise taken by us, the Licata's, on 4/16/16-4/24/16

Sail Date: April 16, 2016

Our room and bathroom was kept very clean.  It was always a pleasure to return to it and sleep in it.  Our Cabin Stewart was friendly, courteous and got us another blanket and especially for an extension cord for my water pick because I forgot to pack it. He was very responsive to our needs.

Our Dining Room waiter and his assistant was also very responsive to us and recommended foods on the menu that he thought we might like.  If we asked for seconds, he got them for us and when we ordered something that was unfamiliar to us he told us that he would take it back and we could reorder another dish.  The service was courteous and fast.  In addition, after the first night, I did not even have to ask for iced tea--it was brought to me automatically and refilled often.

The Windjammer buffet:  Everything good, food, service, etc. except for one

thing; not enough people clearing off the tables.  We noticed that tables that were not cleared off were occupied  by new people trying to have breakfast or lunch--especially those tables in front of the windows.  My suggestion is to have more staff doing that and doing it often.

Entertainment excellent--particularly the Ice Skating dance show.  It was spectacular!  We also like the Bobby Arvin show and also the show with all the singers and dancers.

In the afternoon we went up to the Cosmopolitan Club on the 14th deck and relaxed.  We noticed that other people who were there were either reading, playing cards, (or sleeping) and were quiet.  I found it to be  relaxing except for one thing; the music that was playing was very loud.  I asked the bartender if it were possible to lower the volume because we all went up there to read, etc. and he said "sure" and lowered the music so that it became "background" music so that people could read, sleep, and relax.  I was very grateful that he did this and responded to my request.  I think the other passengers were grateful too!  The Cosmopolitan Club is a beautiful room overlooking the pools with the ocean on both sides of the ship, the chairs are very comfortable and it is a quiet and restful respite during the day.

We loved the Captain's Talk with his Senior Staff.  It was both informative and  very interesting and probably could have gone on for another hour had he and his staff had more time.  We were very impressed by the enormity of the time and effort to feed, house, and entertain  almost 5,000 people on a daily basis!

We want to thank the Captain, the Senior Staff, and all the staff for a wonderful 8 days!  Barbara and John Licata

Excellent. Our room and bathroom were very clean, there was plenty of hot water for showering and there was plenty of space in bathroom. Also liked the stall shower (instead of a curtain) plenty of closets, drawers and plenty of hangars!! It was always a pleasure to come back to it and sleep in it. We did notice, however, that we could hear our neighbors talking in the next room and they were not talking loud. We could also hear their TV and I could hear a child crying in the shower who was in another room. I thought you would like to know this. We were very surprised that we could hear them!
Very organized. The buses that were taking us back to the Miami Airport were running and the fumes were coming toward us as we lined up with our luggage to board.The buses should not be running while we are lining up and if they have to be running, they should have the fumes going away from the people so that we are not inhaling carbon monoxide. I had to put my sweater over my nose because I was gasping. I hope you take this into consideration and make a change for everyone's health. It is important.
Children's Programs Not applicable. We did not have children with us.
Excellent. Singers, dancers, especially the Ice Skating show were spectacular!
Our cabin stewart was very responsive to my needs got us another blanket and extension cord and kept the room and bathroom very clean.
our waiter and his assistant were excellent and responded to our requests and needs
Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida
Labadee (Cruiseline Private Island)
I shopped and it was a hard sell in most of the "stalls". I told them to give me the respect and the space to look around and see what I needed.
Basseterre, St. Kitts