ups and downs

Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Contributor Level: Third Mate
Helpful Vote: 1

6 Night Western Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)
Sail Date: January 17, 2016
Ship: Navigator of the Seas

some of the food in the dining room was poor quality, however meals in the windjammer were pretty good, on the two nights we went there instead of the dining room.  Chops grill was good, but if you wanted a porterhouse it was another charge, what a ripoff.  Ribeye not offered at chops grill, only strip or filet for us meat eaters.  Bed was terrible, I'm a side sleeper, I would wake up with a numb shoulder. Room steward put extra padding under sheets, what a great steward.  Staff is great.  Ship is clean.  They canceled private island due to protests, they should of went somewhere else, or given us a credit, or something. Paid for a 3 stop cruise and received 2.  In Falmouth our excursion was canceled due to rain, another let down, but that is not the fault of RCCl.  They didn't do any parades on the main deck like other voyager class ships.  Not enough to do.  I'm a Emarald member with RCCl and I do like this cruise line, but something was missing on this ship.  I like to hear steel drum bands at the pool, not here.  Cruise director is a flop. I have  cruised 24 times, about half with carnival and most of the balance with RCCL.  Needless to,say I booked a 9 day on the same ship because it goes to Aruba, if another ship on this line did the same stops, I would of done a different ship.  This was the first time I couldn't get my table changed, requested a table for four and we had a table for 8 we were a party of 4 and late seating. A table of four 3 feet behind our table, which was empty and not set up for the whole cruise, that really pissed me off.  So much for being a Emerald member.  So all and all, don't be afraid to go, I think we just had a bad week, with weather.  But they really should give you something when they cancel a stop for a non weather related issue.  Have a a Great cruise.

matress terrible if you are a side sleeper. Like a rock on your shoulder

Book your speciality restaurant the first day

Cancel due to protests