Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Underwhelmed

Sail Date: November 14, 2015

My experience with was delightful!  It was Royal Caribbean that just left us wanting more. We are experienced cruisers, this was our first trip w/ Royal.  I have learned since and need to disclose that we were on the 2nd cruise after relocating the ship, the weather was challenging and the USCG boarded us for an annual inspection at one of our ports.  This crew had their hands full!  The service staff was very kind and efficient.  The officers of the ship couldn't be bothered, even after we paid $300 to participate in the all access tour, the Captain no showed.  Spa was great.  Specialty restaurants are all wonderful; the reservation process was bumpy, we received calls w/ contradicting times and confirmations again and again.  We had a balcony room but the balcony was so filthy we just wrote phrases in the grime because we couldn't see thru the glass.  Major disappointment.  The inside of the ship was immaculate, we are used to crews cleaning exterior balcony throughout the cruise, not once in 8 days. Shore excursions... I walked on to the ship w/ EVERYTHING booked; photos, spa, excursions, restaurants, etc.  I thought this would be helpful but was a waste of time, once I boarded all arrangements were rescheduled, canceled, etc.  plus better deals were available on the ship then online.  What I thought was a time saver became extra work.  Boarding was awful also, we waited hours to get on the ship, many in the pouring rain, soaked luggage arrived late the first night :(  Underwhelmed for sure.  We will cruise again but we will skip Royal.  Haven't even mentioned how first time cruisers w/ Royal are treated like subclass citizens with obnoxious pref treatment for returning members, how do they expect to retain people?

Cabin and cabin steward where fantastic, the filthy balcony was a major disappointment.