Our family vacation

Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

6 Night Western Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)
Sail Date: November 22, 2015
Ship: Navigator of the Seas

I was excited to spend time with my husband and my 3 adult children(who have never been on a cruise before). The first issue I had was not being able to get two balcony rooms next to each other(which I would highly recommend). So we didn't hang out on the balcony since one balcony was too small for all 5 of us. We left FL and it was windy and the boat was rocky. Do to a storm in Bahamas we couldn't go to Coco Cay. So our first day was at Sea. To my surprise they decided to stop at Costa Maya in Mexico on Tuesday. This turned out to be our favorite stop of the trip. We went to the beach, used kayaks, snorkeled and relaxed on the beach. It was a great. the next day we went to Cozumel. We had booked a private jeep tour which turned out great. The next day we went to Grand Cayman. We weren't docked there and we didn't book an excursion through royal Caribbean so I had to stand in line at 8am to get a number to get off the boat. We had booked an excursion on our own so we ended up being late to it. Since we didn't get off the boat until 11. Then we had to be back a the port by 4:15 to get back on the transfer book. It was stressful and a hassle due to the teethering. Grand Cayman beach was beautiful and the water very clean and nice. I would go back to Grand Cayman but go to the non tourist side. Overrall it was a fun vacation. The best part was just being with my family.

The food was Ok. There was a variety to choose from. But two nights my steak was a little tough. I paid extra for the Filet and it was very good.

The pool was nice. The movie screen was good. Would have liked a bowling alley or indoor movie theater.

We went to the Ice show and a comedy show. Both were ok. Wish the casino didn't allow smoking!

Henry and Anderson were very kind and attentive. They made sure my food was gluten, dairy and grain free.

I wanted a two person balcony room next to my childrens room so we could hang on the balcony, but there were only 3 person balconies available. So I took a room across the hall over looking the promenade. Bad choice! It was very loud. If I wanted to nap or go to bed before 11pm there was no way, since the bass of the music was so loud. I complained one night and they told me it would be quiet at 11. the music did go off by 11:15. I didn't like not knowing what the weather was like outside. So never again...Just wish I could have gotten a room next to my kids. It would have been worth the extra money. I wasn't impressed with my room. Strange/small draws, bed was kinda hard, and a few nights there were coffee stains on my top sheets(and I don't drink coffee).

If you are teethered then book your excursion through the cruise line. The ship it self is Ok. Nothing great. In fact I think I like the Carnival ship better.

We booked our own private Jeep tour. Our guide Gorge was very nice and gave us alot of information about the island. We went snorkeling, went to the light house, had a mexican meal and went to punta sur.
We went to 7 mile beach. The beach and water is beautiful. But there was 4 cruise ships when we were there so there was to many people. Plus we felt rushed to get back to the ship, since the ship was teethered we had to wait for a boat back an that took about 45min. Wish we could have stayed there longer.