Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Diving into the Navigator

Sail Date: August 30, 2015

My husband and I enjoyed celebrating our 37th Anniversary on the Navigator.  It was our 3rd time on this ship.  It has great charm and the staff is excellent!  There are a couple of reasons why we did not give it all 5s across the board.  The pillows are terrible!  I do recommend if you have back or neck issues or you just want comfort bring your own pillows.  The shows were good but the same we saw about 3 years ago.  For the more frequent cruisers it might be nice to have new shows.  The menu was the same as well.  Not much variety unless you want to spend quite a bit extra and go to the specialty restaurants.

We are divers and had an extreme AWEFUL experience with one of the excursions.  We dove with the ship and the company they used was Sand Dollar.  The boat was terrible, not functioning properly.  Instead of taking 30 min. to get to the dive site it took 3 times that.  They left with no water for the divers and had to get another boat to go back for it.  The dive master was not observant and didn't notice I had a BC and regulator that was NOT working properly which could have gotten me into some serious trouble 70 feet under the water.  It was my second malfunctioning regulator.  Their equipment was dated and not in good working order.  If they use the same dive shop it will force us want to dive with other dive operations.

The Spa was amazing!  The people that work there were very attentive and experienced.

Disembarkation was not well organized.  We walked off with our luggage and it took 1 1/2 hours to get out.  We heard that there was a computer glitch and some people did not even get off until after 1 PM.

Overall, a good ship.  Even though it came out of dry dock last year it needs to work on improving a few things.

There was a mix up at first and our luggage was outside the room waiting for us but everything else was set up for another couple. They double booked the room. I know that can happen. But we just reached Emerald Crown and Anchor and felt like we were treated like a first time cruiser with NO benefits. We try to be loyal to RCC and hope the next cruise we won't be treated so poorly. Cabin was OK. Pillows TERRIBLE. Room was kept clean.