Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Cruise from Galvaston

Sail Date: February 22, 2015

First, like I usually do, I book a motel a day before the cruise (just to insure no timing problems). So I booked this cruise from Galveston and then a motel there.  Then air from San Diego to Houston, and thinking I would just rent a car at the airport and drop it off on the island, go on the cruise and rend another car when we returned and visit my cousin in Katy then fly home.  Problem:

You can not just rent a car at the airport and drop it off at the port.  The only car rental on the island is Enterprise and they don't accept other car companies cars.  So, the choice is take a taxi for a lot of money to the port.  Same back as Enterprise charges $200 a day if you try to drop a car off from the island.  So, what to do?  I looked at the web, to find a lot of people had/have the same issue.  The fact that .Royal Caribbean had a shuttle for the cruises.  No Royal C people told me about this.  So, I cancel the island motel, book one by the airport and am going to use the ship shuttle.  I call and find I can not buy a ticket over the phone/web. one has to just to appear on Sunday morning and buy a spot on the bus to the port.  So, we show up on Sunday morning (there is no one there except Sunday) and buy our tickets, I try to buy a return ticket, but you can not.  You have to buy it on the ship.  So late in the cruise I try to book the return shuttle, but NO, I had to do it a day before I tried to book them.  Was told I had to do it a day earlier!!  I was ticked, told the clerk that this was most likely the first and last Royal Caribbean cruise.  So, luckily our dinner mates found out and we returned back to the airport with them, rented a car there to do some Texas visiting.  We were also billed for a higher beverage package than I had purchased, glad I caught it, they had to cancel it and reduce the charges.

Food was the worse I have had on some 10 cruised.  The lobster night was a 1/4 pound thing that was cut in half and was almost impossible to get the meat out of.  I had to use two knives, our dinner mates had to have the servers remove their lobster meat.

Looking at the prices for the Wi-Fi is not worth it.

I was not impressed with this cruise/line

My wife could not use her night breathing assist machine with out an extension cord, no plug by the bed. That had occurred in other ships. They need to look at our needs. The TV was almost useless, one news channel and 50-60 year old movies, worse I have ever had in a cabin.
Galveston, Texas Would be good if getting from airport to port was seamless, and one did not have to find out about shuttle services.
Coxen Hole, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
Really liked Roatan, will return
Belize City, Belize
Will neve be there again
Standard stuff, great for divers

Balcony rooms are large.