A lovely ride...

Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

7 Night Western Caribbean (Galveston Roundtrip)
Sail Date: February 22, 2015
Ship: Navigator of the Seas

We cruise about once every 5 years, always with Royal Caribbean.  Yes it's true there's a little more belt tightening each time, I guess that's due to the competitive climate in cruise sales.  That being said, Navigator is a great ship.  Service was excellent as always, tho noticeably less formal than in past years (except at guest services, which continued to be of highest quality and formality).  Just the right blend of families & ages for my taste, which was a concern- the first 3 days were at sea and I wasn't sure if we'd have hundreds of stir crazy kids. Not a problem at all.

Enjoyed each port. Belize City was much better than I expected, we thoroughly enjoyed the Altun-Ha excursion booked through an external company. Not a fan of the rebuilt Cozumel port that is so much more commercial than the past.  Next time I would definitely hire a taxi to get to the real Cozumel, just didn't have enough time to walk roundtrip from the International Terminal and still get to see anything meaningful.

Galveston as a port leaves a lot to be desired.  Clearly designed to move freight and not people. Signage is unclear and traffic flow makes little sense. Other disembarkation points have moved SO much more efficiently. There is some current outside construction (much needed beautification?) so perhaps these issues will be addressed.

Rough seas on the way back- 15 ft. waves- but the captain and crew handled everything professionally. The much talked about stabilizer system obviously worked better than in my past cruise experiences.  Would enjoy being on Navigator again.

Portions were extremely moderate. That was my preference tho, because typically we ate buffet for lunch so a 3 course, small portioned, gourmet dinner was perfect for me. And of course we could order extra if needed.

Beer Tasting was extremely informative! Also Dodgeball game was nice activity.

Eglan and Carl in the My Time Dining room were quite personable!

Updated, comfortable.

Balcony with three persons means one is getting an overhead bunk. Not uncomfortable, but not for a person with a bad back, (we had one) or a senior citizen (seriously, small ladder!) No pull out couch option.

Take pictures of every silly thing on the first few days, and likely some of those pictures will be ones you need for the scavenger hunt (you only have 15 minutes to get 18 pictures so clearly they expect you to pull from previous shots). Room service was poor- ok if you like getting surprised!

Clearly designed to move freight not people. Signage was unclear and traffic flow not intuitive.
Snorkelling would have been a better choice for us- not a lot to explore here.
Loved Altun-Ha, wish we had a little more time there. The coach was very modern and the road was excellent by developing world standards.
If you dock in International Terminal, the walk is lovely but takes way too much time. Rent a taxi for $8 and get straight to heart of town. Do your walking around town.