Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Contributor Level: Third Mate

Navigator of the Seas - Nov 23, 2014

Sail Date: November 23, 2014

The ship is beautiful and there was lots to do.  I think that the crew could have been a lot friendlier, often felt like you were inconveniencing them when you asked a question.

Food was adequate, but not spectacular.

Boarding and exiting processes were great and everything went smoothly.

Felt that it was very commercial.  We spent a lot of money just booking this trip and didn't really appreciate all the plugs for the spas and restaurants that were at the beginning and ending of every show.  Didn't like at all that the scheduled events for the guacamole making and sushi making ended up just being advertisements for those pay to eat restaurants.  I thought that those were going to be lessons on what they were putting into and how to pick the best ingredients so that was a big disappointment. In fact a LOT of the "activities" during the day were demos from the spa trying to get you to buy services and then these food demos trying to get you to book at one of the 4 restaurants that you pay for and I think that is wrong.

Overall, we had a great time, just got sick of the constant sales plugs.

We have cruised with Carnival before but it was a few years back.  I don't remember this feeling of being stuck in a situation with relentless sales pitches on that cruise line.

Ship is well appointed and clean, lots of activities from rock wall climbing to flow-rider, basket ball, lots of kids clubs etc. Didn't like that you had to go through the spa in order to get to the excercise room as they tried to sell me services each time I excercised and so I stopped using that facility and just walked on the upper track on the ship.
Food seemed very bland.
I thought that our waiters Yasim and Avion were exceptional and they took very good care of us. They were very personable. Our room steward did a great job keeping our room straightened up!
They had a couple of really exceptional shows and a couple that were very marginal.
Children's Programs didn't use these activities
Too many of the activities on this ship are actually sales pitches for you to either buy spa services or pay to eat at specialty dining rooms.
We did the cartamaran ride, snorkel and beach fun in Cozumel and had a wonderful time. We also did the excursion in Galveston when we got back, tour guide on that one could have been MUCH better.
Galveston, Texas
We did the bus excursion and then it took us to the airport. Was a nice way to end the vacation.
Falmouth, Jamaica
We went out into the city. I felt very overwhelmed by the people and seemed very dingy. Sorry we didn't just book the waterfall climb there like we had talked about initially.
George Town, Grand Cayman We didn't get to leave the ship because the seas were too rough.
Beautiful weather and good balance with excursion in the morning and then shopping in the afternoon.

you need to get there very early if you are going to do any of the trivia activities, lounge they hold that in is pretty small and those are packed!