Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review to Europe - Mediterranean

Contributor Level: Third Mate

Wonderful Family Cruise

Sail Date: June 23, 2013

We traveled as a family of 12, ranging in age from 8 to 74. The ship had activities for all ages. Our 8 year old especially enjoyed the Explorers Club and took part in all their activities. The rock climbing wall, ice skating rink and in line skating were also a hit. I was disappointed that there was not "formal tea" in the afternoon. That was one of my favorite activities on other cruise lines. We had a negative experience sending our bag of dirty clothes to the " $25.00 laundry". Many items came back about 3 sizes smaller! But all in all it was a fabulous trip and I would recommend it to anyone.
I know the ship is up for remodeling. Hallway carpets a little worn.
The food isn't why I go on a cruise. I thought some of the food tended to be a little overcooked in the main dining room. Ordered salmon 2 different ways---both were a little dry.
Ice skating show was fabulous.
Excellent!
Something for everyone!
Tour guides very knowledgeable.
Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy
Arranged for our own stay there before and after cruise. So much to see!
Messina, Sicily
Beautiful tour of the coastline there
Piraeus (Athens), Greece
Kusadasi (Ephesus), Turkey Favorite port
Souda (Chania), Crete
Charming town

Be aware there are no "do it yourself" laundry facilities on board. Encourage your kids to get involved in the kids clubs right from the start. They will meet new friends and have a great time.