Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Overall the cruise was good

Sail Date: September 30, 2006

The ship is remarkable. It was like a city on the sea.

Pros: Day Spa

Cons: Too many people and too much smoke

For my particular taste the ship is way too big; however, it is clean and and maintained very well. The accessibility to various areas is a little confusing as I noticed people had to check the maps each time they wanted to find a particular place.
I was rather disappointed in the food. I had expected fantastic cuisine, but there was only one night that I could really say the dinner was exceptional. We were all the way in the back of the dining room-the table was to accommodate 8 people; however, there were only four of us who attended each night. It looked a little strange not to readjust the seating accordingly. The buffet area is very confusing - by the time the trip was over we finally figured out where things were.
The balcony was my favorite part of the stateroom. The bathroom is limited for practical use, and the fact that there is only one special outlet for an electric razor was very inconvenient. The shower was so small that a large person would have a very difficult time.
The room staff, room service was wonderful. The assistant waiter was exceptional, but the head waiter spent most of the time with a large group a couple of tables over...the Day Spa personnel was exceptional.
Overall the options were OK, but the Bingo left a lot to be desired. Guests wanted to play, but there were so many "commercials" it was very distracting.
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
We drove for a very long time to raft down a river with a guide who was obviously didn't want to be there. We bumped into things, he didn't explain anything about the sights, and actually sat down and let the raft float....I actually tried to listen to the guide on the raft closest to us
This was a nightmare. We drove forever. We had a box lunch that was very strange...I feel the description of the jungle tour and ruins was totally misleading. We were eaten alive by bugs, our guide kept going off on tangents and lost his train of thought....when we stopped at the two shops, he had told us that he was there to assist us, yet when I tried to find him to make certain I was getting a good deal on an item, he was no where to be found. The entire trip could have been cut down to 30 minutes. It was not worth the money.
George Town, Grand Cayman
This was fun. The island is clean and beautiful. We took the Submarine tour and saw the turtle farm. We had lunch at a restaurant close to the dock.
George Town, Grand Cayman