MSC Splendida Cruise Review to Europe - Northern Europe

Would have been 5 stars on most other cruise lines

Sail Date: September 11, 2016

Reviewed: 1 month ago

The ports were amazing and that is what I will focus on remembering when I think about this trip. Unfortunately, I have lost interest in wanting to travel with MSC in the future. We experienced poor service throughout the ship, even when we tried to seek help about a major housekeeping issue in our room. It's no wonder the service is bad when MSC directly encourages you Not to tip individual employees, there is no incentive to work hard. I was a bit surprised that you were not allowed to have water at dinner without paying for a bottle, and they were unable to serve coffee after dinner! I thought it was supposed to be a European cruise. On that note, they did not have a Craps table in the casino because it "isn't European". What a huge mistake! Not only is that the biggest game to create excitement in the casino, it can make the ship the most money. Fools. Sadly the food was also very subpar with the least amount of selections that I've seen on a cruise. Also, no lobster night : ( There were almost no activities offered and the few they had were the exact same every day. The entertainment was alright with a few good shows, but I was very bummed that they had no comedy shows due to the language barrier. We consistently heard other cruisers sharing similar feedback. Particularly because of the continual lack of poor service (except from a few hard workers that MSC can't bring down) I now call MSC the Minimum Service Cruiseline.

Hamburg, Germany
Visit the parks in town and definitely go to the miniature wunderland!
Le Havre (Paris), France
Southampton (London), England
Zeebrugge (Bruges), Belgium
What a beautiful city! Just walk around and really get a feel for it. Be sure to grab a drink or a meal in the Markt.

Book a different cruise line