MSC Splendida Cruise Review to Europe - Western Mediterranean

Would do it again!

Sail Date: July 31, 2009

We were on the MSC Splendida this past week.
We loved the ship and the state rooms were wonderful.
Food was average but we still managed to eat a lot of it.
I tried to eat healthy and ordered the fish 3 times....but it let me down every time! Fishy fish!
The pasta dishes were great as expected. Steak dinner was very good and the prawns...wow! Salads were just average.
This is a Italian Cruise line so expect things to be very European. No coffee after breakfast. You will have to order it in one of the many lounges or pool side. They do have tea time several of the days from 3:45- 4:45.
We would reccommend that you set up your own tours at the stops. Either do the double decker buses or get a taxi.
The beach excurisions in Sicily and Tunisa were bad.
LOVED Malta! We took the bus tour that was right there at the dock. It took 3 hours to go all around the island. Well worth it! Most of the shows were very good, talented entertainment. Singers were fair.
Have Fun!

Pros: great facilities.

Cons: not the best excurisons

Recommends MSC Splendida? Yes!

Messina, Sicily
the beach had jellyfish so we couldn't swim. the facilities were smelly and not nice. The bus ride back was terrible because there was no air in the upper part of the bus.
Marseille (Provence), France
Use the little train that travels up to Notre Dame
La Goulette (Tunis & Carthage), Tunisia
Don't go on the shopping trip or if you do...don't go into the rooms sellling carpet and purfume....too much time wasted. I don't know why my husband wanted to go on the shoppiing tour...neither one of us likes shopping. I think you would see the same stuff if you just walk to the city near the port.
Valletta, Malta
LOVED IT!! Take the double decker bus.
Barcelona, Spain
we went to the scoccer stadium as I had an 18 year old boy with me.