THEY HAVE A LOT TO LEARN!!!

MSC Lirica Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

7 Night Western Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)
Sail Date: December 28, 2007
Having sailed over 50 times, but never on MSC, wasn't sure what to expect.Called customer service to find out if pools were heated, they couldn't tell me, asked hours of kid's club, was told it was based on the number of kids on ship.Ship itself small but beautiful, escorted to cabin upon arrival is a nice touch, downhill from there.My A/C didn't work, took 2 days and 6 visits to "reception" to get resolved, ship itself was warm.Shows predominately Italian, German, French, yet was told ship make up was 80 % Americans and Canadians.Everything announced in 5 languages, annoying after a while, Casino staff rude, when spoke to Manager, he wanted to argue with me.

Best part of the cruise.

Very few daily events, when had a rain out day, never added events, no Spa specials though Spa was empty, they were not very well prepared.

Very poor hours, not open during port days, so no options for parents, the room itself was small but fine, never sign in or out your kids, the four staff members were nice, when asked nightly the hours for the next day, they never knew, it was a joke.We had 11 people, three kids, 3,4,and 6, and brought our own nanny, thank God!! They could learn a lot by seeing how RCCL or Carnival does their kid's programs.

Rudest staff I have ever seen, NO willingness to help, asked "Mario" at reception one night for the kid's club schedule for the next day, told me to use the house phone and call myself.They told my nanny to go advise front desk when the arcade machines didn't work, even though she was watching three small children.My waiter Virgil was excellent, his assistant was useless, NEVER saw the Maitre'D.

Ship was small and quaint, easy to get around.

Smallest cabin and shower I have ever encountered.
We were the only ship in town, so even more harrassment than normal, Atlantis is always nice but so overpriced. Lunch at Atlantis Deli always a good bet.
Turtle Farm best run tourist site I have ever encountered, go on your own, to allow enough time.
Signs of a poor economy are showing up down there, not as nice as in the past.
Butterfly World was great.

Pros: The Food was good

Cons: Staff was impersonnal, lack of knowledge on many subjects, very small casino and rude staff, poor response to no A/C in my cabin

Recommends MSC Lirica? No.