MSC Divina Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Beautiful Experience, loved the food

Sail Date: August 13, 2016

Many seem to agree that the ship is beautiful and that the rooms are nice.  I agree.  Unlike many of the reviews  that I read before leaving, I found the staff to be incredibly friendly and helpful.  I thought that there was a nice variety of tasty and fresh food. When I read reviews before leaving, I had the impression that all they served was pizza and burgers which is not true.  They do serve pizza and burgers, and they are very good.

Clean, plenty of room. Balcony was lovely. The tub is narrow, be prepared.
Miami, Florida
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
I took an island wide bus tour. It was good to see what the island looked like. Stopping points (15 min each) were good to use the bathrooms and stretch your legs, otherwise nothing to see. They offered cold water on the bus which was nice.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
I went to El Yunque park. If I could do it over, I would hire a private driver and take the day to walk around the park on my own. It takes an hour and a half to get there, but you could stay at the park longer then getting back to the ship at 1:00
The beach day excursion was unpleasant for me. They bring you to an island (two blocks wide maybe) There are hundreds of moldy lounge chairs on a sand beach which sits alongside what is like a marina-its not like being on an ocean. Club music is blaring from speakers. It felt like they carted us to some wierd fabricated island. Maybe it was.

Make sure you check out the whole ship to find the environment that pleases you.    I used the pools in the evening to avoid the crowds. Just be patient and friendly and you will manage that well also.  Remember, the ships are intended to accommodate thousands of people. It helps to slow down.