MSC Divina Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Operations feel like they are run by teh Three Stooges

Sail Date: July 02, 2016

Food was excellent, entertainment in the main theater the best I have ever seen (and I have taken 47 cruises) staff were very nice, and the ship is perfectly maintained, but operations are mass chaos. I was confirmed for Late Seating for dinner; assigned to  Early upon arrival. No changes available,. Could not register for the cruise until you had a cabin assignment - got my cabin assigned  the day before the cruise and registration was closed,  They ran out of pool towels each morning. No facecloths in cabin unless you asked. No organized lines at buffet - people coming form all directions and cutting in front of you. Same with all lines for anything.  Asked to put a postcard to the U.S. with the stamp already on it into the mailbag for Miami and was told all mail has a $3.00 handling charge piece. You are charged $20.00 for lobster and $30.00 for prime rib in the main restaurant while other ships serve it free on Captain's Dinner night. Life boat drill very chaotic - I would hate to see this ship in a real emergency.  You show up for events (deck party, etc.) and it has had the time changed or been moved with no notice.  This cruise line is not one I would recommend to others. After this 3 day "test" of MSC, we cancelled a 10-day booking in Europe for next spring.

Lovely cabin and an excellent cabin steward. The television options really need to be expanded somewhat.

Don't go unless you are a first time cruiser and have no expectations.

1 Comment