MSC Divina Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Amazing Experience!

Sail Date: February 13, 2016

My mom and I just returned from the 7-day Eastern Caribbean Cruise on the MSC Divina, and it was beyond amazing! I can not wait until we book our next cruise! The overall experience was remarkable. The staff on board is very on top of everything. I swear that housekeeping was waiting for us to leave because every time we came back to the room it was in tip-top shape! Reception was very helpful.We went on one excursion through MSC. We were initially told that the excursions were all full for St. Thomas, but when we went back later another gentleman helped us and we were able to get on the Pirate Schooner for snorkeling with turtles, which was so much fun! All of the waiters/waitresses were friendly and attentive. My mom and I especially enjoyed dining at The Black Crab. Our second night there we were seated with Erick and Novan, and requested to be with them for the remainder of our cruise. They were so personable, attentive, and outgoing with all of their tables. We enjoyed talking with them, and they made the experience even more amazing. They made recommendations for food when it was had to choose and just did everything to make our experience a pleasant one. I think that I may miss them the most! The Buffet is good for a quick meal because it can get crowded, but the food is delicious as well. Just make sure to make it all the way down for some more unique dishes! They also have some amazing photographers on board (although I will admit some not so great ones so I would recommend having your photo taken by a few different people), but when you find a good one, they take amazing photographs. It was hard for us to choose! We especially enjoyed Ghokan's style and photographs. The process for finding the photos is a little crazy, but you just have to be patient and remember how man other people had their pictures taken. I also think that MSC does a great job of making anything possible for their passengers. My mom and I had something planned for Great Stirrup Cay to remember my aunt who passed a few years ago, yet the water was too choppy for us to be tendered over. When we talked to reception and explained our situation, they spent all day finding a way to help us, even when we were told it was not possible to do anything. By the end of the day, we were able to celebrate my aunt, and it meant so much to my mom. I do not have enough good things to say about MSC. The whole experience was amazing. It was my first cruise, but I don't ever want to cruise with any other line! I could go on and on about how amazing our experience was! I very highly recommend MSC to anyone looking to take a cruise!

Cruise Photos

It was lovely. Very clean and Enos was very much on top of making sure it was always in tip-top shape!
Embarkation was a little crazy. It was hard to hear when they were calling the groups. If possible I would try to group people while they are waiting to make it flow better. Disembarkation was a breeze. If we had known how easy we would have stayed on board a bit longer!
Children's Programs We didn't have children with us.
Entertainment We didn't really use the entertainment.
The Black Crab was great, and Erick and Novan are fantastic waiters!
Miami, Florida
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Great Stirrup Cay (Cruiseline Private Island), Bahamas
We didn't actually get to go on the island (to not fault of the cruise line).

I highly recommend the Aurea experience (if available) . It was worth it for the private sundeck, flexible seating, and beverage package!

1 Comment