Fully immersed in Italian culture!

MSC Divina Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Contributor Level: Third Mate

7 Night Western Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: August 16, 2014
Ship: MSC Divina

My husband and I chose this cruise initially for the price. We had family recently travel on the Divina and they told us it was just "okay". My husband and I went into this open-minded and we were overall satisfied with our trip. Right from the moment of embarkation until disembarkation everything ran smoothly. The staff speak very little English therefore we often dealt with officers and they were always eager to assist.  The food is very European. Whole, natural and left to speak for itself. The pasta and seafood was also a bonus! I am gluten intolerant so we chose to eat in the dining room where the staff all knew me and were extremely cautious and accommodating. Let it be known that I lost weight on a carnival cruise due to the lack of food available to me and on NCL they were usually accommodating but there was no variety for my diet.  Let's just say that I love food, I am not a picky eater and yes I gained my 6lbs in a week!

Our only negative is that they were not diligent about hand hygiene and although there was a couple sanitizer pumps at the door as you entered the buffet, they were often empty and no one enforced this. I am a nurse so I tend to be very cautious about this but I witnessed passengers eating at the buffet and using their same cup at the juice and water station for refills. I am writing this review currently sick! We also had a waitress who admitted that her throat hurt so much she could barely speak let alone swallow. Again, we did not see her clean her hands once. NCL were extremely diligent about this issue.

The assortment of meats and cheese at the buffet are wonderful!

We don't have children

Gianmarco and Malik in the dining room were very observant and diligent.

We didn't spend any time in Miami due to our flight schedule
We chose to stay on the ship. The locals are extremely aggressive and harass you non stop. It ended up being a fantastic pool day!
7 mile beach is always beautiful!
This island is always my favourite! You have everything you need for a great beach day! They have washrooms, bars, buffet and rentals for floaties and snorkel equipment. The bar and rentals are put on your cruise card. No cash needed. Bring your water shoes as some areas were rocky. But there is plenty of shade and beach chairs and the tender boats are quick and hold approx. 200 guests. Most of all though, we felt safe and no one bothered us.