Worst food of any cruise I've taken

MSC Divina Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Helpful Vote: 1

7 Night Western Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: August 16, 2014

First of all, the MSC Divina is the most beautiful ship that I have ever traveled on. It takes number one in that department.  Now for the things I wish they would improve.

My number one complaint would be the food.  The buffet selections were limited and lacked taste.  I saw one of the workers pouring water into the pasta that had been sitting.  We were stuck with the Black Crab for dining.  The only night that we were able to eat a tolerable meal was that Thursday when Lobster tail was served.  The waiter (Sery) was very nice but the food was a slow procedure every evening. I hope MSC will introduce Free Style dining so that you can eat when you choose, where you choose, with whom you choose, like Norwegian Cruise Line. Norwegian had the best food of all cruises I've taken.  Also, the juice at the buffet was so watered down you couldn't taste the juice.  Every day the same watered down juice.  There was only one waffle station (which didn't make the waffle) but served frozen waffles.  This had the longest line since most people wanted waffles or pancakes and there was only one station serving them.  At most times, by the time you got you food it was cold.

The pools (we believe) were filled with salt water which irritated the eyes.  Aren't you suppose to use chlorine?  It was very uncomfortable for the others in my party.   It would have been nice to have nice water slides like Norwegian and Carnival.

The shows were okay.  The MJ tribute was good, however, the person playing MJ should loose the white face.  This was a distraction to me since he looked dead with all that paint.  The pirate show had no plot.  We didn't know what the story was about.  Maybe you should also have a comedian on board.

Our room was never cleaned when we when came back.  Not like on other cruises.  The sheets were never changed and we never had enough towels/cloths. The only treat we enjoyed was having the beds turned down.

We also wish the language barriers weren't so great that we could not communicate with most of the staff.  It was frustrating.

The television shows were mainly in other languages (not English) and wish they offered WiFi that wasn't so expensive.

The Ports were the best (Jamaica, Cayman Islands and Cozumel).  This is where we were able to get edible food.  The only bad port was Great Stirrup Cay where MSC prepared the food and as usual it was inedible.  We couldn't wait to get to the airport just to have a decent meal.

The food was not good. Same food everyday. Watered down juice. Limited selections. Long waits at buffet & dining room. Even the desserts were horrible.

Bingo and old movies.

The best show was the Michael Jackson tribute. The only other show I saw was about pirates which had no story line.

Room was not cleaned efficiently. Never had enough towels. Could not communicate with the staff because of the language barrier. Ran into some with attitudes.

This is most beautiful ship I have ever cruised on.

Beautiful cabin.

Bring more than one formal dress. We didn't know there would be two and were not prepared.

We flew to Miami for board the ship. Didn't have time to explore.
We took a tour of Falmouth. It was very interesting but sad. The people are so poor.
The U.S. dollar is worth $.80 on the dollar. The Cayman money is worth more. We took a tour of the island which was very interesting. Went to this place called Hell. Ate the best beef patty ever. NY's don't compare. And the best Rum cake.
We took a tour of Cozumel. Saw how tequila is made. Sampled some Mayan food. The best tropical drink ever.
This purely beach. Everyone fighting for shade to park their recliners. The food was supplied by MSC which was inedible as usual.