Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

So So Cruise

Sail Date: February 25, 2011

This is our second cruise on the Monarch of the Seas. Our first cruise was over ten years ago and was terriffic, this one was a major disappointment. I still feel RCL is one of the better lines, but after talking to several people on the cruise they all had the same general opinion on this cruise. The quality of the food has declined, the activities that were still in place were either boring or outragously expensive for what they were.

We attended a "Shopping Seminar" which turned out to be a hard nose sales pitch for Diamonds International. After about a half hour my wife and I walked out

One of the ohter things that annoyed us was that number of things that were included in the last cruise were an extra charge. My wife and I wouldn't of minded that if we had been told prior to receiving the bill. This happened on two differnt occaisions after which we asked before we ordered anything.

The one thing that sent this cruise to the bottom of our list. I had asked for a wine service on our 39th wedding anniversary which we did not receive. My wife was upset enough that we left dinner early.

Pros: Staff were terrific

Cons: Dinning was just ordinary

Recommends Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED)? No.