Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Fun time but not the best

Sail Date: February 25, 2011

We just returned from a 3 day cruise aboard the Monarch of the Seas. It was our first time on Royal Caribbean and we were slightly disappointed. The staterooms are much smaller than Carnival and we were very cramped in our room. The food was not good and there was very little available if the buffet was closed. I have been on other cruises that had pizza and sandwiches available at all time. The only option for food when the buffet/dining rooms were closed was pizza and cookies/sweets.

Pros: the service was good and there were always enough lounge chairs

Cons: food

Recommends Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED)? No.

The ship was very crowded and the layout did not work well. It felt like we were constantly trying to squeeze by other people. The ship was fully booked and it just seemed like we didn't all fit.
The food was not good. I was served eggs one morning in the dining room that were still raw. Everything was very greasy and oily. We only dined in the dining room and the buffet so I don't know if the Jade Steakhouse was good. The food on the buffet was cold most of the time and there was not much variety.
Very small rooms. It was difficult to have two people standing in the room at one time. I actually had my husband sit on the bed while I was unpacking because there wasn't enough room for us to be standing at the same time with the suitcase on the floor. I don't need a lot of space, but I found it uncomfortably small.
shows were entertaining
The service was definitely great. Our room was straightened up at least twice a day and our room attendant always greeted us with a smile. Our waiter at the restaurant tried to make sure that my dietary needs were met and gave us extra food whenever we asked for it.
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)
Very crowded since there were 2 cruise ships there at one time. Didn't really enjoy it and only stayed about 2 hours before heading back to the ship.