Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Great time!

Sail Date: June 12, 2009

Traveled As: Family w/young children

The ship is beautiful. The lobby and the restaurants are very attractive. I must say that the food in the buffet restaurants was very good but I was disappointed that Asian and Indian food were offered every day but no other ethnic food was offered. Not everyone likes Asian and Indian food!

We have sailed on Royal Caribbean before and while we know that staterooms tend to be small and tight, the room we had on the Monarch of the Seas was definitely smaller than what we were on in the past. My husband, daughter and I were occupants of our stateroom and we could barely get around. We were very disappointed with the room. There was an assistant stateroom attendant one morning who took a shopping bag of personal items that my daughter and brought and threw it in the trash while we were at breakfast. Luckily for us, my daughter wanted to go back to the room to get something and that is when we noticed the bag missing. My husband saw the stateroom attendant in the hallway and luckily we were able to get the bag out fo the garbage - it was on the top and not covered with trash! We were very annoyed! In no way was that bag in the garbage can!

The room also did not have a safe which we have ALWAYS had on other cruises. No rooms on the ship had safes, we were told. If I had known about this, I never would of booked a cruise on this ship!

Pros: The staff were very friendly and accomodating.

Cons: The window stateroom was extremely small - smaller than any others we have been on.

Recommends Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED)? Yes!