Mariner of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

First time on Royal

Sail Date: November 11, 2011

Overall the ship is impressive, the shows are awesome and the rooms were very nice considering the size.

Pros: The ship was awesome and the shows, dances and entertainment were the best

Cons: The service so, so poor in comparison with the Carnival. The food was not as good as I had expected for a better ship!

Recommends Mariner of the Seas? No.

The ship needs desperately to take some notes from the Carnival staff!!! We have been on numerous cruises with Carnival and they are consistant with their outstanding staff vs this being our first time on Royal and the staff has no idea of how to go above and beyond. We just booked another cruise with Carnival for next month it could had been with Royal but it was not worth taking a chance after the poor service received. Again the gentlemen taking care of our room and the waiter were the only two that knew the meaning of great customer service. We are retired now and want to be frequent cruisers, but not at the risk of poor service.
The manager of the restaurant was terrible, he never came around to see how we were doing. The worst part was that I had burned my finger and had a second degree burn in the restaurant, the manager brought me a cup of ice but never suggested for me to get medical attention. The next day he didn't ask me how my finger was, etc. Our plates were left on our table and we were never asked if we needed anything else from him. LUCKILY out wait staff was great, the management PITIFUL!!!!!!! The quality of the food was not that great either. The deserts were the best.
The cleanliness was outstanding
Our room was very comfortable considering the size, sheets were so nice. The gentle man taking care of our room was THE BEST!
Best entertainment, we could not believe the had a show on ice, just amazing! The clubs had great nightly entertainment, and variety for all. LOVED IT!
George Town, Grand Cayman
This was the best port on the whole cruise, just so impressive and such beauty. I LOVED IT
Don't Miss: There is NO BAD SITE
Coxen Hole, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
I don't even see why you would port here, TERRIBLE, poor country, depressing site to even stop at. Also, we purchased a tour and it had left without us because they printed the wrong location to meet on our ticket. The manager was nice enough to give us a tour in Grand Caymen which was well worth it!
Belize City, Belize
BELIZE is horribly poor and depressing. I will NEVER get off my ship to land here ever again. Why would you endanger your passangers in such a dangerous location.
The welcome in Cozumel is always so friendly and welcoming. The town feels so safe and the shopping is awesome.
Don't Miss: The beaches are awesome as long as there are no rocks