Mariner of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

A truly relaxing wonderful experience

Sail Date: June 15, 2008

This was my initial cruise with Royal Caribbean, and my seventh cruise overall. The ship far exceeded my expectations. Outstanding service and amenities. Especially impressed with the adult pool, as there were many children aboard, but never did I feel they interfered with my experience or I with theirs. The diversity of Promenade shops was interesting and enticed my shopping "itch". Daily activities were well noted and varied..no chance to get "bored". The spaciousness of our cabin and storage space assured one can unpack once and completely enjoy!
The only disappointment was the product of my shoping on Labadee. Being owned by the cruuise line, I assumed all products were going to be fine for taking home. Wooden products are individually inspected by a customs agent, who found tiny pin holes in a mahogany salad bowl purchased at one of the vendors on Labadee. The agent informed me that these holes represent an investation of beetles which cannot be allowed into the country, because the holes did not go completely through the wood, thus the beetles remain inside. My personal responsibility for shopping was influenced by the fact that Royal Caribbean sponsored this island retreat and I presumed complete integrity of all its products. I reported this instance to the cruise line customer service and I hope the future will provide some typeof solution for future cruisers.

Pros: spaciousness of cabins, variety of amenities for all ages, cleanliness of ship and caring attitudes of all employees

Cons: shopping on their private island, Labadee, was enticing but goods contained beetles and were not admissable to USA. Royal Caribbean should stand by their island accommodations fully and assure the guests products will not be inferior.

Recommends Mariner of the Seas? Yes!