Mariner of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Stellar cruise!!!

Sail Date: August 26, 2007

This was my eldest daughters first cruise, we celebrated her 22nd Birthday. I simply cannot sing the praises enough of the service on the Mariner. From our stateroom attendant to our Waiter (who was simply THE best!!!!! This cruise RCI really put the Royal in Royal Caribbean International. This ship is a sure thing for families as well. Other travelers with children we met and my observations or lack of them as we rarely saw children...was great. If a first time cruiser is unsure....there is no need to be. My advice, it may not be a good idea to book a cruise that is in port every day. Make sure you have time at sea as well. You will not regret it.
Thanks bunches to the staff of the Promenade Bar/cafe, our stateroom attendant as our cruise really would not have been the same if not for her, ALL of the spa Gods have my luv....they know who they are lol, the art auctioneers were superb and last but certainly not least, our waiter in Tops N Tails Dining Room....He is truly the epitome of what first class service is all about. Food was good to excellent, excepting the windjammer as their food was a bit ohhh tastless at times without a huge difference day to day, I will however, take some of the blame for the food issue, I am diabetic and well, as such am dificult at times with food, RCI is the ONLY cruise line I will cruise with....already booked the next cruise-taking the two youngest (13 &15) this time. I will be sure to review the childrens activities in more depth in Dec. 07.
Ya know, there is one more thing for me to mention, my daughter and I were so pleased that our cruise was a great mix of cultures and peoples. I had so much fun meeting and getting to know those from other locales.
Bon Voyage!!!!!!
We loved the entire trip!

Pros: Service!! Spa!!!!!!

Cons: Windjammer Cafe

Recommends Mariner of the Seas? Yes!

Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Oh, wayyy too much to give top cheers to. Horseback Riding in the Ocean was our top pick for Jamaica. The people are Wonderful. Shopping is decent, probably better, just no time to shop this trip in Jamaica
Don't Miss: Hmm The Party Boat of course and the Bob Marley experience.
Swam, kissed, held and had Romulo, our dolphin swim belly to belly, the dolphin swim and snorkel adventure was just a once in a lifetime thing. The trainers guides etc were the very best!!! Highly recommended. The park had shopping and we enjoyed a lovely lunch too before returning to shop closer to the ship.
Don't Miss: Dolphin Swim and Snorkel Adventure
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Don't Miss: Hmm The Party Boat of course and the Bob Marley experience.
George Town, Grand Cayman
Absolutely Stunning!!!! We personally did not waste a second. Shopping is amazing. We took a helicopter ride after a morning of shopping, and I was speechless.....snapping pics the whole time. Our pilot was so muvch fun. Later we had a fabulous lunch then off for parasailling. Which you simply MUST do.
Don't Miss: Dont find yourself so overbooked for the day that you havent the time or even memory to truly appreciate the beauty of Grand Cayman.
Labadee (Cruiseline Private Island)
The zip tour was sweeeeet!!! The island was lovely and people were as well. One issue I had on Labadee was the agressiveness of the local market sellers. To be honest we wanted to shop longer, but got really tired of and annoyed ultimately with being physically yanked by them and pulled over to thier wares. I had to be rude and was still manhandled before slipping away to return to the ship.
Don't Miss: The Zip Line Canopy Tour., If not for you, grab a hammock and chill,.
Labadee (Cruiseline Private Island)
George Town, Grand Cayman