Best Cruise Yet!

Mariner of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

7 Night Eastern Caribbean (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)
Sail Date: June 24, 2007
Ship: Mariner of the Seas
This was our 3rd cruise, but the 1st with Royal Caribbean...and our best yet. Really, I don't see how additional cruises could be better! Right from the beginning: embarkation was easy, quick & worry-free. Our first sight of the ship was amazement...she's a beauty -- inside & out. While we waited for our luggage to be delivered to our stateroom, the Windjammer/Jade served a wonderful array of food....and the eating didn't stop until a week later!!! The crew were friendly & accommodating. The entertainment was ceaseless: Las Vegas-style shows with dancers & singers, comedians, ice shows, trivia games in the bars, poolside entertainment. (I'm sure there's something I'm missing...just so much fun!) One thing that really impressed me, however, is the attention paid to sanitization. There are hand sanitization stations posted at the restaurants & gangplank; and, at the main dining room, a crewmember uses a sanitization gun (likened to a child's water pistol). Our stateroom was cleaned twice a day & I mean CLEANED!
The ports were good, the water like a giant pool. We took an excursion in St. Thomas called "Best of St. Thomas Tour", which I was disappointed with. In St. Maarten we chose "Explorer Cruise & Grand Island Tour", which was much better due to a more knowledgable tour guide.
The week flew by & I was saddened for the fantasy to end. This is definitely a cruise I would recommend....we saw all ages on this ship, from babies to the elderly.
I would not recommend the tour "Best of St. Thomas"
I would not recommend the tour "Best of St. Thomas"
We had a very knowledgable & friendly tour guide on "Explorer Cruise & Grand Island Tour"

Pros: Mariner was beautiful, the staff most courteous, and sanitazition was a priority

Cons: Tea, lemonade & water was free, but not readily accessible

Recommends Mariner of the Seas? Yes!