Mariner of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

A great first cruise!!

Sail Date: November 19, 2006

The Mariner of the Seas is an awesome ship with tons of things to do. It is very big, so they can offer many things to do, which will satisfy anyone's desires (relax in a library, climb a rock wall, go swimming, go ice-skating, relax on the promenade deck, etc.). After we got back and reviewed all the things to do, we realized there were still many things that we could have done (and would do on a subsequent cruise). Everything looks beautiful and brand new.

Pros: Awesome ship with escellent excursions for our daughter!

Cons: Would prefer more flexible dining options in the formal dining room

Recommends Mariner of the Seas? Yes!

Ocho Rios, Jamaica
We did the Dolphin Encounter on Ocho Rios. My daughter just loved it, she got to play with dolphins in the water. Then we went to Dunn's River Falls, we didn't complete this excursion because it is quite challenging and my wife and daughter did not want to keep going (Oh Well!).
Don't Miss: Dolphins
Cozumel was great. We did an excursion to Tulum, some Mayan ruins along the Mexican Riviera. Note that the ferry ride from Cozumel to the mainland can be very choppy, and people should take their motion sickness medication and focus on the horizon during the ~30-min ride.
Labadee (Cruiseline Private Island)
We had a great time on Labadee, my daughter and I rode a Jet-Ski for an hour, there were local dancers, singers, crafts shopping, swimming on the beach.
Don't Miss: Jet-Ski's
Labadee (Cruiseline Private Island)
Don't Miss: Jet-Ski's