Mariner of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

A wonderful cruise!

Sail Date: September 03, 2006

I personally think that "Mariner of the Seas" is one of the finer ships. Very nice art presentations throughout, adequate space in state room. Wife had great time in the shops and I enjoyed the casino. About 90% to 95% of the staff always had the "fun face" and presented themselves as entertaining and participatory with our good times. Was complimented by the frequent and relaxed conversation by the head waitress, appreciated the Professional treatment by the waiter and Loved the fun loving, "crazy Jamacian" assistant waiter. (He really made the dinner meal FUN!). I guess the only thing I really found to be a frequent nuisence was waiting for the elevators. Sometimes 5 minutes or more. Frequently we just used the stairs if there turned out to be a timely wait. That is the only area the ship needs to improve on in my opinion.
Over all..... Loved the trip.

Pros: Diving excursion

Cons: Cococay Island

Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
This island made the trip for us! We were able to dive through the Water World Outfitters dive shope. Very friendly people and they made the 2 dives a couple of the best dives my wife and I have ever been on!!!!! Highly reccomend Water World Outfitters to any divers out there. Out the port and about 1/4 mile to your left.
Don't Miss: As a Dive Lover, I would say the above dive shop
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)
Disappointed with Cococay Island. Shop owners / personel had what seemed to be very spiteful attitudes. Did not see any Island people that seemed "happy", just bitter faced "business" attitudes, almost as if we were "tollerated". Maybe that's their "island way" but it sure didn't give us a desire to spend a dime.
Don't Miss: I don't think there was one ???
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)
Don't Miss: I don't think there was one ???
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
"JUST SAY NO!" That's what you need to keep in mind when you enter the shopping area after taking the water taxi over to the area. (I highly reccomend the water taxi too. The walk is longer than it's worth") Anyway, we were immediately approached by street sales people trying to sell us on buying into a resort. We were given false information and wasted about 1:15 minutes following this little caper. JUST SAY "NO!!!" and enjoy all your shopping / eating time!
Don't Miss: Just about every jewelery store has some pretty good deals and they do bargain on price
Philipsburg, St. Maarten